Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday Salon: Reading, Read, To Read #35


Happy Sunday! Today is my blogoversary. Today Becky's Book Reviews turns four! I think it is a good time for me to revise one of my goals for blogging. In the past, I've loved blogging daily, loved having a book to review for most days. But. I just can't keep up this pace. I can't. I need freedom. I need balance. So I might not have something to post every day of the week. So I might be reviewing fewer books per week, per month. But I'm hoping that what I do review, what I do post, will be worth it. By giving myself some freedom, I hope to have more things that I love, love, love.

What I've Reviewed This Week:

Turtle in Paradise. Jennifer L. Holm. 2010. Random House. 208 pages.
The Half-Life of Planets. Emily Franklin. and Brendan Halpin. 2010. Hyperion. 256 pages.
To Kill A Mockingbird. Harper Lee. 1960. 281 pages.
Civil Contract. Georgette Heyer. 1961/2009. Harlequin. 432 pages.
The Vigilante's Bride. Yvonne Harris. 2010. Bethany House. 304 pages.
Pocketful of Posies: A Treasury of Nursery Rhymes. Salley Mavor. 2010. September 2010. Houghton Mifflin. 72 pages.
Chicken Big. Keith Graves. 2010. Chronicle Books. 40 pages.
It's A Book. Lane Smith. 2010. August 2010. Roaring Brook Press. 32 pages.
Amazing Baby: Clap and Sing. Emma Dodd. 2007. Silver Dolphin. 12 pages.
Princess Baby On the Go. Karen Katz. 2010. August 2010. Random House. 14 pages.

Coming Soon:


Choosing to SEE: A Journey of Struggle and Hope. Mary Beth Chapman. With Ellen Vaughn. 2010. Revell. 288 pages.


Frankenstein The Graphic Novel: Original Text. Mary Shelley. 2008. Script Adaptation by Jason Cobley, American English Adaptation: Joe Sutcliff Sanders. Illustrations by Declan Shalvey, Jason Cardy & Kat Nicholson, etc. Classical Comics. 144 pages.


Jane Eyre The Graphic Novel: Original Text. Charlotte Bronte. 2009. Classical Comics. 144 pages.


The Adventures of Nanny Piggins. R.A. Spratt. Illustrated by Dan Santat. Little Brown. 239 pages.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

9 comments:

Annette said...

Happy Anniversary!
I know what you mean, it is a huge endeavor to try and post everyday and there are other things in life to do, many of those things are need to do things.
I feel like that if I take too many days off from blogging then I'll loose followers and even disappoint them.
I love reading and reviewing, but there is no time to write and that is what I have felt the calling to do for sometime, but I keep procrastinating.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

When I started blogging, I committed to writing one blog post a week. In the summer, when I am not in school, I do more. I've also been experimenting with scheduling blog posts. That seems to help.

Happy anniversary! Four years is a long time.

Anonymous said...

Well, many happy returns of the day, Becky! Also, whatever you do, it will be great, I know.:) L.

samantha.1020 said...

Congratulations on 4 years of blogging! I think that you are amazing with everything that you do on this blog and all of the books you read. I can definitely understand the need to cut back a bit. We'll be here no matter what as long as you keep the reviews coming :)

Melissa said...

Many congratulations on 4 years of blogging! That is wonderful!

Amanda said...

Yay for 4 years! Awesome!

I want to slow things down as well, not so much with the posting, but that will be a direct effect I'm sure. I think I'm reading too many books! I try to rush through one to get to the next and I need to just slow down and enjoy. I plan to revamp my method of reading starting next year.

Megan said...

Happy Blogiversary! Kudos to you for managing a post a day for so long. I don't blame you for wanting to slow it down a bit! I know I'd never manage a post a day. Some weeks I'm happy to have managed just one post for a whole *week*!

Anyhow, your blog should work for you, not the other way around, so blog any way you want to (for many more happy years, I hope!). =)

Willow said...

Four years--Wow! Congrats! It's always a good thing to have more balance in your life, so that sounds great. I only post once a week and that feels exactly like what I can handle--wish I could do more, but I would drive myself crazy.

Anonymous said...

Feel free to not post this comment, this is only a heads up to tell you I've seen this an another one of your posts in another blog (http://improvisate.com/)
I'm not sure, but it seems the images were hot linked.

It the owner of the other blog had your permission, please acept my apologies for jumping to (the wrong) conclusions.