Host: Becky's Book Reviews
Duration: January 2016-December 2016
# of books: You decide! Though I'd suggest a minimum of 4 books.
Sign up by leaving a comment.
Read for a good cause! Buy books at a charity shop, or, even a friends of the library book sale, or, donate a certain percentage of money for each book you read for the challenge. You can choose your own goal of how many books to read, what charity you'll be donating money towards, how much money, etc. (For example, you might want to donate $1 for each paperback you read, or, $3 for every hardback you read. You can work out the details yourself.)
- Books and audio books, so long as purchased from a charity shop, count. E-books count if you donate a certain percentage of money to the charity of your choice. (You may read ANY book you choose if you donate your set amount.) Brand new books, old-and tattered out-of-print books. Both are welcome!
- You do not need a blog to participate. You can comment on this post or any challenge-related post to update others on your progress.
- Any qualifying book finished in 2016 can count towards the challenge.
- Books can be of any length and be written for any audience. This challenge does not exclude picture books.
- Qualifying books can be books you've intended to read for ages, or, impulse buys!
- No list is required, but, you can make one as you go if you like. The fun thing about this challenge is that everyone's list is going to be unique!
- You may read for more than one charity if you like.
© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews
Sounds fun - count me in!
I am in
Bunnita @ Worth Reading It?
I love this! Since we don't have a lot of storage at home, I'm trying to cut back on the number of books I buy, so I would love to donate a set amount for each book I read - maybe by keeping track all year of the books I read and making one lump donation at the end of the year to the Special Olympics of New Jersey. And if I do buy books, I'll try to keep an eye out for charity stores or library sales! This is a really great idea; I read so much, so why not have some good come out of it?
Angela L. from NJ
Great idea, Becky! Here's my Sign-up Post.
I got overwhelmed last year with too many challenges and I wasn't going to sign up for any in 2016. But this one is perfect! Here's my sign up post https://susanbrehm.wordpress.com/2015/11/30/2016-book-challenge/
I absolutely love this idea. I'm so glad Bev wrote about it on her blog! Not sure I'll be participating this year, but I'll definitely keep an eye out to see how it goes.
I'm in. My sign-up post is here: https://marny-h96.dreamwidth.org/84851.html
I'm IN! Here's my sign up with the my charities and details.
I'm in! I posted here</a.
I'm in I'll donate 1$ For every book I read to my local Options 360! Love this challenge!
This is such a fantastic idea! I hope to participate; not sure yet, but we shall see!
I have so many of these books!
My sign up post - http://sototallynotaddicted.blogspot.com/2015/12/ems-2016-mega-list-of-challenges.html
Great idea! Count me in! I'm going to donate $1 for every book I read this year to Save The Tasmanian Devil Appeal. Here's the link to my blog post. http://bedazzledbybooks.com/2016/01/01/2016-charity-reading-challenge/
Thanks for hosting this one. I'm constantly buying books from the Friends of the Library sale and they are accumulating.
I'm in! Here is my sign up post. Thanks for hosting :)
This is such a great idea! Here is my sign-up/2016 challenges post: http://lingeringpianist.blogspot.com/2016/01/here-we-go-2016.html
I am challenging myself to donate a dollar for each book I read to a charity TBD. I'm also going to donate some of my books later in the year. But I decided to take it a step further by featuring different literary charities on my blog throughout the year--you know, keep this on the forefront of everyone's minds! :) Here is the link for my first charity feature post about Hogwarts Running Club: http://lingeringpianist.blogspot.com/2016/01/charity-challenge-hogwarts-running-club.html
Becky: I've fulfilled my book challenge (12 from charity/friend of library store/sales). I plan to keep tracking the amount I spend on charity book purchases--I'm curious to see how much I donate over a year's time.
Here's my Wrap-up Post
Post a Comment