Saturday, November 07, 2015

Seuss on Saturday #45

Hunches in Bunches. Dr. Seuss. 1982. Random House. 48 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Do you ever sit and fidget when you don't know what to do...? Everybody gets the fidgets. Even me and even you.

Premise/plot: A young boy has a terrible time deciding how to spend his time that day. Readers meet dozens of creatures called hunches. One hunch, for example, might be telling him to PLAY OUTSIDE while another hunch is telling him he should do his homework, while yet another hunch is telling him to go to the bathroom. Every few minutes readers meet ANOTHER hunch with another suggestion of what James should be or could be doing with his time.

My thoughts: I like the idea of this one better than the actual book. Some days are like that, in my opinion. And the book is easy to relate to in a few places. (Like the nowhere hunch who has him walking in circles.) But overall, it wasn't a satisfying, enjoyable read. I liked it okay. But it didn't wow me.





Have you read Hunches in Bunches? Did you like it? love it? hate it? I'd love to know what you thought of it!


If you'd like to join me in reading or rereading Dr. Seuss (chronologically) I'd love to have you join me! The next book I'll be reviewing is The Butter Battle Book.



© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: