Sunday, November 08, 2015

The Tale of Peter Rabbit (1902)

The Tale of Peter Rabbit. Beatrix Potter. 1902. [Source: Bought]

First sentence: Once upon a time there were four little Rabbits, and their names were Flopsy, Mopsy, Cotton-tail, and Peter.

Premise/plot: Will Peter Rabbit follow in his father's footsteps? Will Peter Rabbit end up being PUT IN A PIE by Mrs. McGregor? He just might if he can't control himself and stay out of Mr. McGregor's garden. This naughty little rabbit has quite an adventure!

My thoughts: I love The Tale of Peter Rabbit. I do. I love, love, love, LOVE the original illustrations. The story itself is just great fun.

Have you read this one? Have you read it recently? I'd love to know what YOU think of Beatrix Potter's stories for children. 

Text: 5 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Total: 10 out of 10

© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: