Sunday, January 15, 2023

Sunday Salon #3 Point of No Return?


I am a believer in Daniel Pennac's Readers' Bill of Rights. I am. But sometimes I struggle with the third one: THE RIGHT TO NOT FINISH. It's easy to stop reading a book you've barely started. It's really hard to stop reading once you've read over halfway. I am going to make an effort to be more true to myself and allow myself more freedom in reading. (I've already DNF'd two books this year).

Readers' Bill of Rights (Daniel Pennac)

1. The Right to Not Read
2. The Right to Skip Pages
3. The Right to Not Finish
4. The Right to Reread
5. The Right To Read Anything
6. The Right to Escapism
7. The Right to Read Anywhere
8. The Right to Browse
9. The Right to Read Out Loud
10. The Right to Not Defend Your Tastes

 Currently reading: 

Moonflower Murders by Anthony Horowitz (could this be the inspiration for the post topic???? Maybe. Probably.)
Camp Creepy (Sinister Summer #3) Kiersten White. (I've barely started this one. I had a migraine on Friday (the day I started the book. Unrelated, I'm sure.)
Little Wartime Library by Kate Thompson. (I absolutely love the book cover on this one. Plus I love reading books about books.)

Questions:

Are you familiar with the Readers' Bill of Rights? Do you have a favorite? least favorite?
Which one do you struggle with most?

What was the last book you chose to read because of the cover?

How much time do you give a book before you give up on it?


© 2023 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

AnneKristy said...

I don't remember the last book I chose because of its cover.
I usually give a book 50 to 100 pages or so before determining if I will finish it.
I research a book a bit before reading. Often the author is known to me as a person who writes books that I enjoy.
It is rare for me to choose a book that I will not finish or give a 3-to-5-star review.