Sunday, January 22, 2023

Sunday Salon #4: Making Decisions


I love, love, love, love, love to read. I don't always like having to decide what to read...next. Deciding what to read next can be a bit overwhelming. (Am I alone in this???) Deciding to read is never difficult. Deciding what to read sometimes is.

This week I read the first Harry Potter book (for the first time, essentially). I didn't necessarily "love" it. Should I keep reading? Not keep reading? If I was going to love it, would I already be feeling love already? I haven't decided--yet--if I'll be reading more in the series. (Input always welcome).

When it comes to series books--looking beyond just Harry Potter--how do you approach series? Do you have to read books in order? Do you feel compelled to read all the series? And if it's an ongoing series do you reread past books before continuing on? 

Complete change of topics, I've decided to start giving half-ratings. Well, not on GoodReads, obviously, but on my spreadsheet and on LibraryThing.

Currently reading:

Poster Girl by Veronica Roth (started Friday night)
Little Wartime Library by Kate Thompson. (I've been reading over a week, though not faithfully)
Cornelli by Johanna Spyri (started Thursday night. This reminds me of Emily of New Moon, Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, etc. Except she's not an orphan (at least not so far) just her father is gone on a long business trip).

 Totals so far:

Books Read in 202335
Pages Read in 20239,087

© 2023 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

2 comments:

Ms. Yingling said...

I almost always read what is next on my TBR in terms of what is being released. I'm working on April titles now. I might wiggle around a bit if I need to post a mystery before a multicultural title, but pretty much just go straight on through pub dates. I think if I didn't do that, it would be overwhelming!

Confuzzled Shannon said...

I wish I could read the harry potter series for the first time again.

You have read 35 books already! Wow! I have only read 3.