Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Close of the R.I.P. Challenge

Today marks the end of Carl's RIP II challenge. (Readers Imbibing Peril) You may read all of my challenge related posts here. I still can't believe I read 18 books for this one. Especially since I said I was only going to read ONE book for this challenge. My old favorite is, of course, Frankenstein. But I've made many new friends. I've fallen in love with two authors: Ray Bradbury and H.G. Wells. All of the books have been good, some have been truly great.

My first selection was The Island of Dr. Moreau by H.G. Wells
Vampirates: Tide of Terror by Justin Somper
The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells
Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
The Food of the Gods by H.G. Wells
Book of A Thousand Days by Shannon Hale
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
Bearwalker by Joseph Bruchac
Dracula by Bram Stoker
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
Lost Boys by Orson Scott Card
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
Empire by Orson Scott Card
One for Sorrow by Christopher Barzak
My final selection was: Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury






4 comments:

1morechapter said...

Oh my gosh! Great job. So many books--that's fantastic!

Debi said...

Wow Becky! What an impressive list!

And thanks for the clip...I love that show!

Ana S. said...

What a list! Well done! Like you, I also fell (further) in love with Bradbury during this challenge.

Joy said...

The YouTube clip was hysterical! Thanks!