Friday, July 24, 2009

A Mirror to Nature


Yolen, Jane. 2009. A Mirror To Nature: Poems About Reflection. Photographs by Jason Stemple. Wordsong.

A picture book of nature poems. Yolen has written twelve reflective poems and paired them with some incredible photographs taken by her son, Jason Stemple. Each poem also includes a side note about the animal subject. What kind of animals? Alligators, racoons, deer, snails, frogs, coyotes, and several different species of birds. This one could appeal to animal lovers, nature lovers, environmentalists, and poetry lovers.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

4 comments:

Booklogged said...

It sounds lovely. The cover photo is absolutely beautiful.

Mary Lee said...

This sounds like a book I might need to own for my classroom collection! I can't wait to see every page!

(I rounded you up!)

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Adding to my library wishlist!

Debi said...

Ooooh, ooooh, ooooh...me wants this! Thanks, Becky! You're always introducing me to such wonderful treasures that I likely would never run across otherwise.