Thursday, June 06, 2013

The Red Box (1936)

The Red Box. Nero Wolfe. (Nero Wolfe #4) 1936. 266 pages.

I really enjoyed The Red Box by Rex Stout. It is the fourth mystery in the Nero Wolfe series. In this one, Archie Goodwin and Nero Wolfe are trying to solve a murder. A young woman has been murdered--death by chocolate; the almond candy in a box of luxurious candy was poisoned. No one is admitting knowledge of where the box of candies came from. So was this young woman, Molly Lauck, the intended victim? Wolfe doesn't think so. He's convinced the killer will make another attempt. Can he solve the crime in time to prevent a second death?

I really love Rex Stout's Nero Wolfe series. I love Archie Goodwin and Nero Wolfe. The series is very enjoyable. I would definitely recommend! 

Others in the series include: The Doorbell RangThe League of Frightened Men, The Rubber Band, Black Orchids. Silent Speaker. Some Buried Caesar. The Golden Spiders. Death of a Doxy. Three at Wolfe's Door. Too Many Cooks. Fer-de-lance. Too Many Women. Champagne for One.

© 2013 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I read this whole series of Nero Wolfe books years ago and was so disappointed I couldn't find more. I just loved them.

Then just recently, I was at an annual book sale and found a couple of these so I'm re-reading them and enjoying them as much as I did the first time.