Thursday, November 05, 2015

Katie's London Christmas

Katie's London Christmas. James Mayhew. 2014. 32 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: It was Christmas Eve, and Katie and Jack were fast asleep at Grandma's house.

Premise/plot: Katie and her brother help Father Christmas deliver presents in and around London. They are helping because Father Christmas has a horrid cold. Readers are along for the journey, and thereby learn a little bit about places to go and see in London.

My thoughts: I liked this one well enough. I didn't love it. I didn't find it oh-so-charming. But I liked it. I have a vague memory of meeting Katie in other picture books. That is one reason why I checked out this new book. But I seem to remember liking the other Katie books better. Perhaps if your child really enjoys the author's other books, then this one would be a good match.

Text: 3 out of 5
Illustrations: 3 out of 5
Total: 6 out of 10

© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Joy Weese Moll (@joyweesemoll) said...

Christmas scenes in London will make me happy next month.