Saturday, November 07, 2015

Kitty Cat, Kitty Cat Are You Waking Up

Kitty Cat, Kitty Cat, Are You Waking Up. Bill Martin Jr., and Michael Sampson. Illustrated by Laura J. Bryant. 2008. 24 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Kitty Cat, Kitty Cat, are you waking up? Not yet, Mother, I'm a sleepy buttercup.

Premise/plot: Does this kitty cat have a hard time getting up out of bed and getting ready for school? Oh, yes! One of the reasons why this book may just be so easy to relate to for both children and adults.

My thoughts: Loved it. I think I liked it much more than Kitty Cat, Kitty Cat, Are You Going To Sleep. I enjoyed the rhymes very much. My favorite:

Kitty Cat, Kitty Cat, are you out of bed?
Not yet, Mother, I'm standing on my head.

And the illustrations are just so very, very sweet and precious.

Text: 4 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Total: 9 out of 10

© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: