Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
This week's topic is "Ten Reasons I Love X -- could be a certain book, character, author, your indie bookstore, a fandom, a tv show, reading, a hobby, a genre. Honestly anything you want to gush about."
10. Running into relatives who also love to read.
9. Self checkouts....when they work. And also printed receipts are great. Instant bookmark.
8. The convenience of placing things on hold and having a holdshelf near the checkout.
7. The fact that the three branches of my library each have (different) nights of staying open late. 9PM close times are great!
6. I love being able to browse. I love happy accidents. Something catches my attention. A cover. A Title. An Author. A book spine.
5. Weekly postings of newly ordered and newly received items.
4. Purchase request forms and interlibrary loans!
3. "Free" books, movies, CDs, audiobooks. (Free in theory, but, not for all. I live in a county that charges $50 a year. But it's ultimately worth it.)
2. The ability to TAKE RISKS with new authors and genres.
1. My library fuels my obsessions.
© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews