Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hanging by a Thread (YA)

Hanging By A Thread. Sophie Littlefield. 2012. Random House. 288 pages.

I had low expectations for this one because I don't generally like reading paranormal fiction. The heroine of this one, Clare, has a gift, a legacy. She touches fabric--clothes to be exact--and gets visions of their owners. She's recently moved to her mom's old hometown, and, well, there happens to be an ongoing mystery. Two murders over the past two summers occurring around the fourth of July. She stumbles across the jean jacket of the previous year's victim, and has a strong reaction to it, her strongest vision so far. A vision which prompts her to start investigating the two crimes. (She has a feeling they are connected.) It won't be easy to solve this one, and it may just lead her into danger if the murderer is still around, but, how can she ignore what she knows to be true?

I liked this one so much more than I thought I would. It's a paranormal romance and I still happened to like it.


Read Hanging By A Thread
  • If you enjoy mysteries OR paranormal fiction
  • If you are interested in fashion design

© 2012 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

2 comments:

CarpeDiem said...

This seems like an interesting combination of elements. Fashion design and the paranormal...
this book looks kind of good. I may have to read it sometime!

grace crawford said...

Sounds like it was a very enjoyable book, and I'm with you, I don't usually read mysteries for the same reason but it Claire sounds like someone I would like too.

I'll try to check it out. :D

regards,
grace of Skagway