Wednesday, September 12, 2018

The Duckling Gets a Cookie!?

The Duckling Gets a Cookie!? Mo Willems. 2012. 40 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence:  Hello! May I have a cookie, please? Oh! Thanks! That was very nice of you! Oh! Look at all those nuts.

Premise/plot: The Duckling has a cookie--with nuts--and Pigeon is having a jealous fit. He's having a fit like only he can. This is Pigeon at his most flustered. (Probably).

My thoughts: I like this one. For the longest time it was my favorite book in Mo Willems' Pigeon series. I'm not sure it still is--though it comes close. I do recommend all of the Pigeon books. Pigeon is the kind of character that grows on you. You may not instantly love him. You may not quite "get" him. For me it was a sneaky love. One day I realized that I did in fact love him.

Text: 4 out of 5
Illustrations: 4 out of 5
Total: 8 out of 10

© 2018 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: