Wednesday, September 12, 2018

The Pigeon Needs A Bath

The Pigeon Needs a Bath. Mo Willems. 2014. 40 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Hi! I don't know if you've noticed, but the Pigeon is filthy. So, I could use your help, because: The Pigeon Needs A Bath! (That is a matter of opinion.)

Premise/plot: Does the Pigeon *need* a bath?! Pigeon is going to try his best to convince you, the reader, that he absolutely DOES NOT need a bath. Will this filthy bird ever get in the tub?!

My thoughts: The Pigeon Needs a Bath! is one of those picture books that is practically perfect in every way. Every single page of this one--every word of text, every expression in the illustration--is perfection. It is one of those rare books where you could open it up to any page and find gold at the end of the rainbow.
I don't really need a bath!
I took one last month!
I think it was last month.
"Clean." "Dirty."
They're just words, right?
I feel clean.
Maybe YOU need a bath!
YEAH! When was the last time YOU had a bath?!
Oh. That was pretty recently.
Life is so short. Why waste it on unimportant things?
Like taking a bath!
Text: 5 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Total: 10 out of 10


© 2018 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: