In the weeks ahead, I hope to be writing about several Victorian period dramas. I've watched Pickwick Papers this week, and I'm almost almost through Our Mutual Friend. But I thought this week I would catch up on some other movies.
Watch Fahrenheit 451(1966, trailer)
- If you loved the book and don't mind risking getting aggravated by an adaptation of it; changes were made, important characters were eliminated, roles were shifted, and the ending *is* different. But still the movie is intriguing and worth a watch if you're open enough.
- If you are open to slightly weird, very artsy movies. It's also more than a little dated. It *is* interesting however.
- If you're a fan of Jack Lemmon, the more you LOVE Lemmon, the more you'll love this one.
- If you're a fan of "romantic" comedies like Pillow Talk, Lover Come Back, Down With Love, etc. There is NOTHING subtle about this one. If you're looking for anything approaching romance, you'll be disappointed, in my opinion. It's a very bright, very bold and colorful movie. Jack Lemmon's character is about as over-the-top as you can get and not be stereotypically Rock Hudson.
- If you like crazy-silly movies where the plot is ridiculously predictable. I did NOT care for the credits/title song, however.
© 2012 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews