Thursday, June 21, 2012

2012 Challenge Finished: Back To the Classics 2012

This 'classics' challenge is hosted at Sarah Reads Too Much. (Note to self: REMEMBER to share links to what I read. There'll be a place to link up for each category.)

There are nine categories:

19th century classic: David Copperfield by Charles Dickens

20th century classic: Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank

classic reread: North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell

classic play: Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare

classic mystery/horror/crime fiction: Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie

classic romance: Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare

translated classic: We by Yevgeny Zamyatin.

award-winning classic: Earth Abides by George R. Stewart

classic set in a country I'll never visit: Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury
© 2012 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

5 comments:

Annette said...

Are you reading David Copperfield now? I can't wait to hear what you think of it. It is my absolute favorite!

Becky said...

Annette, I read it in January and loved it!!!! I wouldn't say it took the place of Our Mutual Friend, but I certainly loved it!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Well done! I still have 3 more to read to complete the challenge.

Sarah Reads Too Much said...

Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

I finally finished my own Back to the Classics challenge, so now I'm visiting everyone else's wrap-up posts. You have so many great books on your list! Love both of those Shakespeare plays, and North and South is one of my very favorite books!