Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunday Salon: Reading Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Lewis Carroll. 1865. 192 pages. [Source: Bought]

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is a great book to read again and again no matter your age. I think I've always adored this one and its sequel Through the Looking Glass. Each chapter feels so familiar and welcome. I love that books become friends. I think that is why I absolutely HAVE to reread books. It's a way of life for me.

The chapter titles: "Down The Rabbit-Hole," "The Pool of Tears," "A Caucus-Race and a Long Tale," "The Rabbit Sends In a Little Bill," "Advice From A Caterpillar," "Pig and Pepper," "A Mad Tea-Party," "The Queen's Croquet-Ground," "The Mock Turtle's Story," "The Lobster Quadrille," "Who Stole the Tarts?" and "Alice's Evidence." I love that simply reading the chapter titles takes you right into the heart and soul of this one!

What is your favorite thing about Alice in Wonderland? I think my favorite thing is the dreaminess of it. How perfectly bizarre and wonderful it is. It is whimsical, quirky, delightful. It is also very quotable! 

© 2013 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews


anu 10:11 PM  

For Me Alice is a study in contrast. While kids would enjoy it as a pure fantasy, an adult can notice the hidden sarcasm, shattering of superiority complex and a plethora of logic and reasoning tit bits Lewis indulged in. In short a perfect mix of children and adult fiction.

Post a Comment

I'm always happy to hear from you! To help fight spam, comment moderation has been set up for posts older than two days. Feel free to ask me questions or ask for recommendations!

Unique Visitors and Google PR Rank

Free PageRank Checker

Pageloads Counter

Search Book Blogs Search Engine

The background is based on a background I found here...with some small adjustments on my part so it would work with the template.
Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by 2008

Back to TOP