Sunday, September 29, 2013

Blogging Advice from William Shakespeare

No legacy is so rich as honesty ~ All's Well That Ends Well
Small to greater matters must give way. ~ Antony and Cleopatra
To business that we love we rise betime, and go to 't with delight. ~ Antony and Cleopatra
This above all -- to thine own self be true; ~ Hamlet
Brevity is the soul of wit ~ Hamlet
My words fly up, my thoughts remain below; Words without thoughts never to heaven go. ~ Hamlet
I must be cruel, only to be kind ~ Hamlet
We know what we are, but know not what we may be ~ Hamlet
A good wit will make use of anything; I will turn diseases to commodity. ~ Henry IV, Part 2
Past, and to come, seem best; things present, worst ~ Henry IV, Part 2
My thoughts are whirled like a potter's wheel; I know not where I am nor what I do. ~ Henry VI, Part 1
Have more than thou showest, speak less than thou knowest ~ King Lear
Truth is truth to the end of reckoning ~ Measure for Measure
This is the short and the long of it ~ Merry Wives of Windsor
© 2013 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

2 comments:

Suko said...

Truly wonderful advice!

anu said...

Loved the quote about words and thoughts. True about every creative pursuit :)