Period Drama Challenge
April & May Tag Questions:
(Answer here in the comments or on your blog)
1. What period dramas did you view in April & May?
2. Do you prefer to watch period dramas that have a happy ending or a bittersweet ending?
3. What media forms do you prefer to use when watching period dramas (i.e. purchased DVDs, rented/borrowed DVDs, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu)?
4. Which period drama character's wardrobe would you like to own?
5. What period dramas are you looking forward to viewing in June 2016?
What I Watched in April
11) Doctor Zhivago
12) Lark Rise to Candleford, series 2
13) Lark Rise to Candleford, series 3
14) Ever After
15) Much Ado About Nothing
16) Young Victoria
What I Watched in May
17) Amazing Grace
18) Lawrence of Arabia
19) Schindler's List
20) Victoria and Albert
21) Lark Rise to Candleford, series 4
22) Nicholas Nickleby
23) Bleak House
2. It completely depends on what it is. If it's a work of fiction, I like happy or at least optimistic endings. If it is based on a true story or a real person, I like it to stay faithful and true to events as they happened.
3. I would love it if Netflix had more period dramas! They do have a few, and, I'm not complaining. I still need to catch up on seasons of Foyle's War. Mostly I rely on my own collection AND on my public library. I've got an interlibrary loan title coming in that I hope to get to before the challenge ends.
4. Too hard! I love the costumes in Young Victoria though.
5. I'll be reviewing Testament of Youth. And hope to get to a more faithful adaptation of Nicholas Nickleby. I am also contemplating hosting a challenge of my own for July through December focused on musicals. Would anyone be interested?!?!
© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews