Monday, March 24, 2008

Dragon Flight



George, Jessica Day. 2008. Dragon Flight.

There are three truths I have come to learn in the year since the Dragon War. The first is that both humans and dragons have the capacity to be good or evil. The second is that even if you're doing something you love, you can still become bored with your work. And the third truth is that my business partner, Marta, will never be finished with her wedding gown.

Dragon Flight is the sequel to Dragon Slippers. (A novel that I loved! See my review here.) The novel continues the adventures of Creel and her friends both human and dragon. There are new adventures, new dangers, and new experiences as Creel continues to mature into quite a formidable heroine.

Book description (not my own):

Just when it seems dragons and humans are at peace. . .think again.

With the dragon wars over, Creel is back to working as a seamstress. Business is steady and life is good, but it's also a bit...dull. Then word comes that a bordering country has been breeding dragons in preparation for an invasion. Never one to miss out on the action, Creel throws herself into an adventure that will reunite her with the king of the dragons, pit her against diabolical new enemies (some with wings, some without) and perhaps rekindle a friendship with the prince who has captured her heart. Funny, heartfelt, and action-packed, new readers and returning fans alike will dive headlong into this sequel to Dragon Slippers.


Personally, I loved Dragon Flight. I love the first novel. But this novel DOES satisfy. (Sequels don't always you know.) Fans of the first will definitely want this one, and now would be the perfect time to read (or reread) the first, Dragon Slippers, since Dragon Flight doesn't release until late April or early May.

2 comments:

DesLily said...

when I saw the title "dragon flight" I thought it was the Pern book, because I knew this book wasn't out yet! I forget that people get ARC copies! lol.. I am looking forward to this book, glad it got a good review from you!

Carl V. Anderson said...

I love the cover of this book. You are right, sequel's don't always satisfy, but it is wonderful when they do, isn't it?