Monday, February 20, 2017

Penguin Day

Penguin Day. Nic Bishop. 2017. Scholastic. 32 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Morning has come and baby penguin is hungry. Baby penguin is too little to get breakfast, so mama penguin will go hunting.

Premise/plot: Penguin Day is a nonfiction picture book by Nic Bishop. It is illustrated--beautifully illustrated--with photographs. The book is written with young readers--or should I say young listeners--in mind. There is just the right amount of text, and just the right amount of information provided.

My thoughts: I love penguins. I do. And this book is just lovely. I love, love, love, LOVE the photographs. The text is concise. Bishop packs a good bit of information into this one, but, keeps it a story.

Text: 5 out of 5
Illustrations (Photographs): 5 out of 5
Total: 10 out of 10

© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: