Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Herding Cats Challenge




Renay is starting this challenge. Read it about it there. [she has an information page, a participants page, a reading lists page and a full book list page.] The rules are to make a list of ten books you love. Share that list with her (and the other participants). Read three books from other people's lists by November 30th. Be sure to share the reviews as well.

1. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
2. The Accidental Time Machine by Joe Haldeman
3. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
4. Persuasion by Jane Austen
5. War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells
6. Worthing Saga by Orson Scott Card
7. Stardust by Neil Gaiman
8. Unwind by Neil Shusterman
9. The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen
10. Romancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia Quinn

I am really hoping--(begging!) that some of my bestest blogging buddies will join in. I don't know which three I'll read yet. It's not looking like my tastes necessarily mesh well with others. Though I do recognize a few books and authors. They're just not books that were high on my priority list.

The three I'll read

1.
2.
3.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be sweet if you hooked your friends into this challenge (but I am totally not greedy! NOT AT ALL.).

Meanwhile, erk for your tastes not aligning. Hopefully more people will join up? I'm using this challenge as am impetus to read friend's recs that are outside of my comfort zone, though, because I've been so attached to YA and SF/F for months now, so I sort of framed the challenge with that in mind.

But hopefully you will find something you like! :D

Becky said...

I'm sure I will, Renay.

I'm with you. I read mostly YA and I love my sci-fi and fantasy.

Part of the 'problem' is that while there are some GREAT books on the list. I've already read a good many.

Anonymous said...

Oh right! I forget you are a reading MACHINE. ;)

Melissa said...

You're not a good influence. I began doing challenges last year, and was happy doing one at a time. Then I get the idea to start one, and now I'm doing five -- though I'll finish one off this week or next (and two of them are yours...). And I'm not sure I can resist the temptation to join this one (especially, since looking through the lists, I can knock a few more off my TBR list). There needs to be a challenge addicts anonymous. :)