Friday, April 25, 2008

Asking a favor...

I would really really appreciate it if you could spread the word on May's online book club discussion of Life As We Knew It. I'd love to know if you plan to participate. And even if you're not going to join in, if you could just promote it...that would be really great. :) I don't know if the turn out is so low because everyone that is anyone has already read the books I'm choosing. Or if people just don't know about it. Or if people don't have the time. In case it's the second--not knowing--I'd really appreciate you spreading the word to all your book-reading friends.

The book should be available at your local library. Or you can buy it in hardcover or paperback for a fairly reasonable price.

Amazon has the hardcover at the bargain price of $6.99. That’s the price for a NEW copy. But in true Amazon fashion, they don’t take down the other Life As We Knew It entry, the one that costs $11.56. They like to trick people I think. Used copies begin at $3.29.

The paperback editions officially release May 1. But Amazon has it in stock already. (I found this out through Susan Beth Pfeffer’s blog.) That is $6.95.

Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer

Friday, May 9th, 2008; Ch. 1-3; May 7th through May 19th
Monday, May 12, 2008; Ch. 4-6; May 20th through June 25th
Wednesday, May 14th, 2008; Ch. 7-8; July 2 through August 4th
Friday, May 16th, 2008; Ch. 9-11; August 6th through September 5th
Monday, May 19th, 2008; Ch. 12-14; September 6th through October 24th
Wednesday, May 21rst, 2008; Ch. 15- 17; October 26th through December 21rst
Friday, May 23rd, 2008; Ch 18-19; December 24th through February 7th
Monday, May 26th; Ch. 20-21; February 9th through March 20th

3 comments:

chrisa511 said...

Gotcha plugged ;) I'm so excited about this one!

Darcie said...

I want to participate!! I have a question on the dates though...are we really reading the book for a year? or am I just really confused?

Alix said...

I'm in and I will link to you soon.