Friday, May 30, 2008

Poetry Friday: Bad Original Poem...but Very Good News


On Tuesday, I heard some of the BEST news of the century. OK, I exaggerate. But it's still great news. The most joyful, uplifting news heard during the news hour...get this...beef brisket...food of the gods as it is...is actually good for you. The fat on beef brisket is GOOD for you! It made me want to do a little cheer, I admit. "Texas A&M researchers have found that favorite of barbecue lovers is high in a monounsaturated fatty acid that can aid in production of good cholesterol." Oleic acid in case you're wondering. My mom and I have been singing the glorious news about. And I thought I'd try my hand at haiku. But be warned, it may be my first and last attempt.


Health food Texas Style:
Melt-in-your-mouth beef brisket
Best news of the year!

Beef Brisket is a health food! See here as well. And here. And here.

Round-up is here. (Wild Rose Reader)


© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

3 comments:

Debi said...

You have no idea how much you cracked me up with this post, Becky!

maggie moran said...

Did you know I have a Southern Haiku Contest going on right now! I was reading your poem thinking it was a submission, but I'm not sure what book. Then I glanced up and read the post. *blush* :)

Mary Lee said...

YUM! Health food's on the menu tonight!