1. Gifts by Ursula K. LeGuin
2. A Long Way From Chicago by Richard Peck
3. A Year Down Yonder by Richard Peck
4. Dangerous Angels by Francesca Lia Block
5. The Glory Field by Walter Dean Myers
It would be really hard to pick a favorite among the five novels. Gifts was amazing. A Long Way From Chicago was amazing. And The Glory Field was amazing. Three books amazing in three mostly different ways. They all share the fact that they're all masterfully written with strong characterization.
© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews