July 1 - December 31, 20081) Evelina by Fanny Burney
Trish from Trish's Reading Nook is hosting The 2008 Classics Challenge. She has created a challenge with various options, offering readers an opportunity to individualize the challenge to their own needs.
Cross posting with other challenges is allowed and encouraged; audiobooks are okay; re-reads are accepted. Participants may change their lists at any time and do not need to have a blog. AND there will be prizes! Trish has added a little twist...participants must read five books (as defined in the options above), and a sixth title which will be a "modern classic" chosen from a participant's list of suggestions.
- OPTION 1: Read FIVE classics.
- OPTION 2: Read FIVE classics from at least THREE different countries
- OPTION 3: Read FIVE classics with any combination of at least THREE different countries and THREE different genres (refer to the challenge post to read more about genres).
2) Cecilia by Fanny Burney
3) The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
4) David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
5) North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
Modern should be/will be classic
6) American Gods by Neil Gaiman
1) The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo
2) A Connecticut in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain
3) A Room With a View by E.M. Forster
4) The Awakening by Kate Chopin
5) Howard's End by E.M. Forster
6) Dune by Frank Herbert
7) Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Clarke
8) Lord of the Rings by Tolkien
9) Life of Pi by Martel
10) Possession by Byatt
11) The Time Traveler's Wife by Niffenegger
© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews