Thursday, June 05, 2008

Read-a-thon Meme

In honor of Dewey who hosting her 2nd 24 hour Read-a-thon here is a Meme for all of us to pass around until the big day (June 28)!

If I had 24 Hours to read, my goals would be...

I'd like to read five or six books. While it is important for me to read, read, read...what I loved most about the Readathon last time was participating in the hourly contests and doing hourly updates and visiting other participants sites to check on their progress. So a good balance is what it's all about for me.

If someone asked me for recommendations of "can't-put down" books for the read-a-thon I'd recommend:




If you participated in the October 2007 read-a-thon:
For you, what was your favorite part of the October read-a-thon and why? I loved the sense of community. I loved, loved, loved having people (the cheerleaders, fellow participants, etc.) leaving comments on my posts. It really *motivated* you to stick with it.
How many hours/ books/ pages were you able to read in the Read-a-thon? I read eight books total. Pages? 1, 629. Hours? About 16 or 17 actively reading or blogging. I took a wee little nap towards the end but woke up in time to see the last hour out.


Are you participating this time? Do the meme! I tag Debi, Jennie, Samantha, Alisonwonderland.


© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

4 comments:

Debi said...

Okay, I did it.

Glad you mentioned Percy Jackson...I've been wanting to read those for a while, but haven't gotten around to them. Also might have to get my hands on The Dead and Gone, as I couldn't agree with you more about Life as We Knew It being un-put-down-able!

Samantha said...

Here's the link to my answer: http://bookwormsandtea.blogspot.com/2008/06/24-hour-read-thon-meme.html

And as an aside, I am so joining your reading group for the August read! (No July read though, that's a shame :( )

Darcie said...

I have Dead & Gone from the library and hope to get to it soon!! :)

Dewey said...

For some reason, you leaving to sleep stands out more in my memory than when other people left to sleep. I can remember for a while panicking and thinking everyone would go sleep except me! At least this time I know now to worry. Different time zones lead to people being awake at different times. And then you get those 24 hour straight people! Anyway, looking forward to hanging out with you all day again. :)