Thursday, May 26, 2016

30 Days of Books: Day 4

I saw this at The Written World--a blog I've been following for most of the time I've been blogging--and I thought I'd join in the fun. I believe the most recent recurrence of this is from Jenni Elyse's blog.

Today's prompt: Favorite book of your favorite series

Yesterday, I chose the Anne series as my favorite series. Today I'll choose--somehow--my favorite book from that series. I've got it narrowed down to three or so. I love, love, love Anne of Green Gables. It introduces us to Anne, Marilla, Matthew, Mrs. Lynde, Diana, and GILBERT. It is a coming-of-age story not only for Anne but for Marilla as well. And I can't read it without CRYING over Matthew. But. Just when I think I've decided that is "the one" I start thinking about the others. I love the character of Davy introduced in Anne of Avonlea and Anne of the Island. And Anne of the Island has that incredible 'aha' moment where Anne realizes what we've known all along. Gilbert is the LOVE OF HER LIFE. But I also love, love, love, love Rilla of Ingleside. It is practically perfect in every way. And how it makes me cry!!! Both tears of happiness and sadness. It gets me every time.


© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

2 comments:

Kailana said...

If I had to pick a favourite it would be Rilla of Ingleside but it has been ages since I read any of these books so time might have changed my opinions!

Ms. Yingling said...

Davy always struck me as kind of cousin Oscar from the Brady Bunch, and I never really cared for Gilbert! My favorite is definitely Anne of Windy Poplars because she is having her own life.