Saturday, May 28, 2016

Sing Along Saturdays (Book & Music Pairings)

I do not participate in memes often, but, this one caught my attention today.
It is hosted by Bookish Things & More

I thought I would use my recently reviewed, recently read, and currently reading as inspiration for this topic. 



Unforgettable by Nat King Cole (and Natalie Cole) goes well with Persuasion by Jane Austen
You Don't Know Me by Ray Charles goes nicely with Anne of the Island.
Flame goes with What Are the Summer Olympics? by Gail Herman
He's A Pirate is fun with How To Be A Pirate by Sue Fliess.
Aslan by Kendall Payne goes PERFECTLY with The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, The Silver Chair,  or any of the Narnia books.
The Havens Grey by Andrew Peterson goes along nicely with my rereading of The Lord of the Rings.
The Jolly Green Giant by The Royal Guardsmen might pair nicely with Michael Pollan's In Defense of Food. (What I love about this one isn't the "story" of the song--the Jolly Green Giant's quest for love--but ALL the vegetable naming going on in the background. Especially the way they mispronounce asparagus.)


© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Katrina @ Bookish Things said...

I could totally picture The Lord of the Rings while listening to The Haven's Grey. It's perfect for that book!