Tuesday, October 02, 2018

Crash, Splash, Moo!

Crash, Splash, Moo! Bob Shea. 2018. 48 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: How to Play: Fearless daredevils perform amazing stunts, and YOU guess what happens. Will they crash? Will they splash? Or will they moo? Guess right, and win a delicious banana! Guess all the stunts right, and you win the best prize in the world...the secret prize!

Premise/plot: CLAM and COW are performing stunts. It's up to YOU the reader to guess if the stunt will end in a crash, end in a splash, or end in a moo. For example,
Stunt 1: If ACTION CLAM...drives this speedy race car...into a giant tower of blocks... What do you guess will happen? Raise your hand if you guess CRASH! Raise your hand if you guess SPLASH! Raise your hand if you guess MOO!
My thoughts: I enjoyed this one. It is extremely silly. But silly can be satisfying. I liked the narrative plenty. I'm not as crazy about the illustrations. The illustrations don't really make me love the book more. But I am willing to grant that I am not the intended audience. Perhaps these bright, bold, and silly illustrations appeal more to young kids.

Text: 5 out of 5
Illustrations: 3 out of 5
Total: 8 out of 10


© 2018 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: