Thursday, October 11, 2018

The Crocodile and the Dentist

The Crocodile and the Dentist. Taro Gomi. 1984/2018. Chronicle. 40 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: I really don't want to...but I have to.

Premise/plot: There are two sides to every story. Crocodile is TERRIFIED of the dentist. The dentist is TERRIFIED of Crocodile. Both are approaching this appointment with a definite "I REALLY DON'T WANT TO....BUT I HAVE TO." In fact, the dialogue is mirrored throughout the book. Will Crocodile and Dentist survive the dreaded dental visit?

This was originally published in Japan in 1984. This English translation is copyrighted 2018. I believe it has been translated into many different languages. 

My thoughts: I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this one. It was very funny. I loved both points of view. I think many, many readers--of all ages--can relate to this one.

Text: 5 out of 5
Illustrations: 4 out of 5
Total: 9 out of 10

© 2018 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: