Wednesday, October 31, 2018

End of Year Goals

My GoodReads reading goal was set at 520 books. I have read 483 books. I've got 37 books to go before reaching my goal. Of course, if you know me at all, you know I hope to read a lot more than thirty-seven books before the end of the year.

Picture books and board books: I've read 204 books. I'd love to read forty-six more. 250 sounds like a lovely total. That way my BEST post can include 25 titles.

Early readers and chapter books: I've read 72 books. I'd love to read eight more. That way my BEST post can include 8 titles.

Contemporary/general/realistic books: I've read 39 books. I'd love to read eleven more. That way my BEST post can include 5 titles.

Speculative fiction: I've read 32 books. I'd love to read eighteen more. That way my BEST post can include 5 titles.

Classics: I've read 45 books. I'd love to read at least five more. That way my BEST post can include 5 titles. (It would also be awesome to read 52 titles.)

Historical fiction: I've read 53 books. I'm happy enough with that total. (I've got my 5 minimum.) But it's also one of my favorite and best genres, so I'd be fine with aiming for more. If I read 27 more--which is A LOT--then I could include 8 in my top ten list.

Mysteries: I've read 33 books. I'm not happy with that total. I'm not. I want to read at least 50--in a perfectly perfect world. But can I read 17 more mysteries in two months?!

Nonfiction: I've read 57 books. I am happy with that total. But it would be great if I could read a few more. 23 more would get me to 80. Remember nonfiction includes nonfiction picture books. So maybe this is possible?

November goals:

23 picture books
4 early readers or early chapter books
6 contemporary/general/realistic
9 speculative fiction
3 classics
14 historical fiction
9 mysteries
12 nonfiction

December goals:

23 picture books
4 early readers or early chapter books
5 contemporary/general/realistic
9 speculative fiction
2 classics
13 historical fiction
8 mysteries
11 nonfiction



© 2018 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: