Sunday, June 15, 2008

Celebrate the Author: June Links & A Meme

June is here or should I say has been here. Our challenge is at the halfway point. I posted about this earlier--after the 15th of May--about how participants can always go back to catch up on challenge reads as long as they didn't read ahead. (No 'celebrating' December birthdays in July, for example). So if you missed a month, feel free to go back and read it. Send me a link too. I'll add you to the right post.

To read the original post about the challenge, click here. You can read January's round up here. If you participated but your link isn't included, please let me know by commenting on that post. I'll be sure to add you in. You can read February's round up here. Again, let me know if I've missed your post. And here is the post for March. Again, let me know if I've missed you. Same goes with April. Same with May.

To celebrate reaching the halfway mark, I thought I'd start a little meme. You don't have to play along, but I'd welcome your input! Leave your links to this months book/author as usual.

What has been your favorite book that you've read for the Celebrate the Author challenge?

What has been your least favorite book?

What one author or one book would you suggest to other participants?

Have you discovered any new authors along the way?

Would you be interested in participating in this challenge again next year? Why or Why not?

Writer2B has celebrated Chris Van Allburg's birthday by reading The Polar Express and The Mysteries of Harris Burdick.

Laura celebrated with Salman Rashdie's Midnight's Children.

Tara has read M.C. Beaton's The Deadly Dance.

Book in Hand has read Cynthia Rylant's Missing May.

Mo read Burglars Can't Be Choosers by Lawrence Block.

Becky read In Mozart's Shadow by Carolyn Meyer.

Joy celebrated Chris Van Allsburg birthday as well by reading Zathura.

Debi is in with a review of two Cynthia Rylant books.

BooksPlease is in with Thomas Hardy.

Kim is in with Anita Lobel.

Lynne has read A Piece of Heaven by Barbara Samuel.

Krin has read The Sinner by Tess Gerritsen.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're fast! :)

I'll give this meme some thought and write something this week.

Laura said...

I celebrated Salman Rushdie this month, with Midnight's Children. Here's my review

Tara @ Tales of a Book Addict said...

Hello there! For June, I read M.C. Beaton's "The Deadly Dance" My review is here: http://talesofabookaddict.blogspot.com/2008/06/deadly-dance-by-mc-beaton.html

For the meme ... my post is here: http://talesofabookaddict.blogspot.com/2008/06/meme-celebrate-author.html

bookinhand said...

I celebrated this month with another Newbery Medal winner. I read Missing May by Cynthia Rylant. My review is here:

http://bookinhand.blogspot.com/2008/06/missing-may.html

Diane

Mo said...

For June, I celebrated Lawrence Block's birthday, a new-to-me author, byreading Burglars Can't Be Choosers

(and my answers for the meme are there, too!)

Joy said...

I celebrated Chris Van Allsburg's birthday by reading Zathura.

Debi said...

Nothing like waiting until the last minute, huh? This month we celebrated Cynthia Rylant with the first two in The Lighthouse Family series, The Storm and The Whale. The review is here.

BooksPlease said...

I'm bit late with June's author - Thomas Hardy -see my post here.

I'll think about the meme as well.

Kim said...

I am late, but I celebrated Anita Lobel in the month of June. My post can be found here:
http://pageafterpage-kim.blogspot.com/2008/07/celebrating-author-june.html

Anonymous said...

My June book is A PIECE OF HEAVEN by Barbara Samuel. Here's the link:

http://lynneslittlecorner.blogspot.com/search?q=a+piece+of+heaven

krin said...

I'm late with this post, but for June I celebrated Tess Gerritsen's birthday by reading The Sinner.