Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Celebrate the Author: January Links

It's time to "celebrate" January authors! Have you read your "January" book for the Celebrate the Author challenge? If you have then please leave either a link or a mini-review in the comments. If you haven't there is still plenty of time left in the month! Feel free to come back anytime in the month of January (and yes, even on February 1), and leave a comment updating me on your progress. As the links start to come in, I will update the body of this post to reflect what you're reading and have a "round-up" of sorts. (Think of a cross between a book carnival and poetry friday). I'm looking forward to reading your reviews! With a little over 40 participants, it should be a lot of fun to see what gets read :) (In other news, I think some spammers are using the Mr. Linky.) In case you are wondering, the challenge remains open to new participants through the last week of January.

Joy has reviewed Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne.
Kim has reviewed House at Pooh Corner by A.A. Milne.
Becky has reviewed Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne
Tara has reviewed No Second Chances by Harlan Coben.
Laura has reviewed The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory.
Writer2B has reviewed The Black Cauldron by Lloyd Alexander.
Jenny (up the hill) has reviewed The Adventures of Mr. Mocker by Thornton Burgess.
Gautami Tripathy has reviewed Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
Krin has reviewed The Naked Sun by Isaac Asimov.
Nan has reviewed Remembering St. Ives:Virginia Woolf & Vanessa Bell by Marion Dell and Marion Whybrow.
Margaret of BooksPlease has reviewed Virginia Woolf's The Death of the Moth and Other Essays.
Becky has reviewed Foundation, Foundation and Empire, and Second Foundation all by Isaac Asimov.
Mo has reviewed The Gods Themselves by Isaac Asimov.
Book In Hand has reviewed Woman of the Frontier by Zane Grey.
Debi has reviewed Mrs Frisby and the Rats of Niph.
Wendy has reviewed Ghostwritten by David Mitchell.
Alisonwonderland has reviewed The Princess Academy by Shannon Hale.
Kara has reviewed Under the Lake by Stuart Woods.
Callista has reviewed Magic Hill by A.A Milne and Yoko's Paper Cranes by Rosemary Wells and Island Light Voyage to Bunny Planet by Rosemary Wells.

16 comments:

Tara @ Tales of a Book Addict said...

Finished my January book, "No Second Chance" by Harlan Coben. Here's my link:

http://talesofabookaddict.blogspot.com/2008/01/no-second-chance-by-harlan-coben.html

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Philippa Gregory!
I read The Boleyn Inheritance. Here's my link:

http://laura0218.livejournal.com/36923.html

Joy said...

I read Winnie-the-Pooh celebrating A. A. Milne's birthday.

http://thoughtsofjoyblog.blogspot.com/2008/01/winnie-pooh-boipod.html

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky,

I read Lloyd Alexander's 'The Black Cauldron,' for January. Here's my link:

http://writer2b.wordpress.com/2008/01/02/the-black-cauldron/

Thank you for hosting this challenge!

Anonymous said...

My daughter and I jumped into the world of Thornton Burgess and read "The Adventures of Mr. Mocker". My review can be found here:
http://jennyupthehill.com/2008/01/09/book-report-the-adventures-of-mr-mocker/

Anonymous said...

I read Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami for January.

krin said...

For January, I read "The Naked Sun" by Isaac Asimov:

http://krinek.blogspot.com/2008/01/naked-sun-by-isaac-asimov.html

Nan said...

Becky, my book wasn't by Virginia and Vanessa; it was about them and how their lives were influenced by their childhood summers at St Ives.

bookinhand said...

Zane Grey's birthday is January 31. In celebration of this author, I read his book Woman of the Frontier.
http://bookinhand.blogspot.com/2008/01/woman-of-frontier.html
Diane

BooksPlease said...

Virginia Woolf's birthday is today - 25 January. I'm reading The Death of the Moth and Other Essays. My post is at http://booksplease.blogspot.com/2008/01/celebrate-author-challenge-virginia.html

Debi said...

Nothing like waiting until the last minute, huh? Here's the link to my review of Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH.
Thanks again for hosting this, Becky!

Wendy said...

Hi Becky, - I've read and reviewed Ghostwritten by David Mitchell (b. Jan 1969)

alisonwonderland said...

i finished my book last sunday, but it took me until today to get my review posted. happy birthday to shannon hale!

Kara said...

I am a few days late on this - just found out we were supposed to post our reviews. I read Stuart Woods for the month of January.

http://karabookchallenges.blogspot.com/2008/01/under-lake-stuart-woods.html

Anonymous said...

My January book was NEVER HAVE YOUR DOG STUFFED by Alan Alda. The review is on my blog.

Kathleen said...

For January I reviewed Magic Hill by A.A Milne and Yoko's Paper Cranes by Rosemary Wells and Island Light Voyage to Bunny Planet by Rosemary Wells