Monday, January 07, 2008

Reading Full Circle Challenge


Thoughts of Joy is hosting the Reading Full Circle 2008 Challenge. It goes from January 1, 2008 to December 31, 2008. The goal is to read six "linked" books. The rules are on the sign up page if you're curious and want to join.

Here is my list:

Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank

Diaries of Adam and Eve by Mark Twain

Adam of the Road by Elizabeth Janet Gray

Gone with The Wind by Margaret Mitchell

The Dead and the Gone by Susan Beth Pfeffer

Girl with the White Flag by Tomiko Higa

White Lilacs by Carolyn Meyer

I Will Plant You A Lilac Tree by Laura Hillman


Alternates: The Road to Memphis by Mildred Taylor

Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame

5 comments:

Joy said...

Hi Becky! Glad to see you joined us in the Reading Full Circle Challenge.

I'm missing the connection between The Dead and the Gone and White Lilacs. Please help. :)

Becky said...

White Lilacs--the "White" goes with the Girl with the White Flag.

Joy said...

Is your list out of order then? The challenge is to make each title link to the next, then the last one to the first so it makes a circle. It worked until The Dead and the Gone and White Lilacs by using "the", "with", and "the".

I was able to link all your titles, but I couldn't link it to be a circle. I didn't try it with your alternates though. They may help in making it.

Good Luck! :)

Becky said...

I knew they were all linked. I just didn't know I had to write them all in a certain order.

Joy said...

This is great, Becky! :)