Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Day in the Life

Monday's Happenings...

8:30 Woke up for a few minutes but decide to go back to bed.

9:30 Woke up. Ate breakfast. Watched Rachael Ray

10:00 Checked email. Went to publish the interview with Dianne Salerni

10:20 Wrote my review of What's Eating You. I'm really excited about this new feature in the kidlitosphere--Nonfiction Mondays.

10:40 Back to checking email. And more importantly, it's time to start reading all the blogs I follow. I use igoogle and google reader and jacketflap.

11:00 While reading one of the blogs, I discover that the Orbis Pictus Awards have been announced. Must post immediately!

11:15 Discover one of my good friends--Cynda--is online. Must chat while I have the chance. We talk about Jane Austen. :) Cynda is the founder and leader of a summer book club. This summer we're reading Austen and Austen-related books. Which reminds me, I have a question or a quest--depending on how it works out--I am looking for Young Adult Austen-related books. Excluding the new YA fictionalized account of her life. (We're already doing another biography and I don't see the need for two, do you???) I don't know of any offhand. I can't think of any Regency related YA books. So if you have a suggestion or two (or more) I'd be happy to get them!

11:30 A box of Scholastic books has arrived.

11:40 Celebrate when I discover the box of books :) They did not ring the bell or knock.

11:45 Eat lunch

12:10 Unpack box and make lots of squealy noises. Among the gems: No More Yawning by Paeony Lewis; What to Do About Alice? by Barbara Kerley; A Curse Dark As Gold by Elizabeth C. Bunce.

12:25 Go back to checking email. Try to work up the energy to catalog the newly arrived books. Decide that today could be a very good day to feature in the "Day In The Life" series.

12:40-1:05 Cataloged new books. (I use an excel document imported into google documents.) I'm *trying* to work up energy to catalog the library books I have checked out. You might be wondering why these tasks require energy. It's not the typing that is overwhelming. It's the carrying stacks of toppling books over to the desk and perching them precariously while I type that requires energy. I would need to create an excel document for this task. And I'm not sure this is the day to do it. Still a maybe. We'll just have to see.

1:10 - 2:00 Read.

2:00 Mail comes and brings two books.

2:10 Leave to go shopping. But it was an unsuccessful trip to Half-Priced Books. I'm on a quest to find Camilla by Fanny Burney and Cecilia by Fanny Burney.

4:30 Had supper.

5:00 Cataloged my library books. I've got 37 checked out, about six or seven are due Wednesday. After this was done, I began finishing watching Mansfield Park on YouTube. I *almost* got finished--only had one interruption (see below).

5:30 UPS made a delivery. It was one book. Noticed that my visitor count is now over 70,000! That's 70,000 visitors since March 17th, 2007.

6 something to 9. Watched 2 episodes of Stargate SG-1 (Season 6, disc 3 to be exact) and ate bedtime snack.

9 Finished the last fifteen minutes of Mansfield Park. Decided to write a post about Jane Austen movies AFTER discovering the scary 1986 version of Northanger Abbey on YouTube. This took quite a while--until 10:30--because I kept getting sidetracked watching both good and/or scary clips.

10:40-12:40 Read books in bed before going to sleep. I'm reading book 2 in the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull. And I'm also reading the 2nd book in the Rigante series by David Gemmell.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Sounds like a full day... I have to admit I'm slightly jealous that you get books from Scholastic, but then I'm not really putting the effort into it that you do, so I should just stop whining and find the time/courage to call them. Right? :)