Thursday, January 10, 2008

Because 33 Challenges Wasn't Challenging Enough....Or I've Really Gone Insane This Time

The 2k8 Challenge is being hosted by Teen Book Review. The goal is to read MG/YA novels (Middle Grade and Young Adult novels for those not in the know) by authors who are making their debut in 2008. 28 2008 authors make up the official Class of 2k8. But there will be many more authors that would be eligible, I would imagine. (The class fills up fast from what I've heard.) But here is the "official" class roster:


Middle Grade Authors

Booraem, Ellen
Feldman, Jody
Goldstone, Gabriele

Hoover, P.J.

Meyerhoff, Jenny
Nelson, N.A.

Nyikos, Stacy

Prineas, Sarah
Sheinmel, Courtney
Snyder, Laurel

Summy, Barrie

Tubb, Kristin
Viau, Nancy
Wedekind, Annie

Young Adult Authors

Barker, M.P.
Bradbury, Jennifer
Brown, Teri
Bunce, Elizabeth C.
Clark, Terri
Doyle, Marissa
Fischer, Debbie Reed
Freitas, Donna
Gallagher, Liz
Grab, Daphne
Schroeder, Lisa
Scott, Regina
Taylor, Brooke
Vincent, Zu


Set your own number, at least 8 books, as 28 is too much for some people. Read them all by the end of 2008. You can post a list now if you like, or you can wait and see what great books you come across. They count for other challenges, too.

I'm going to try for 12. But 8 might do in a pinch. I'd *love* to get to 28. But we'll have to wait and see.

5 comments:

MotherReader said...

Other than my own 48 Hour Book Challenge, I'm not usually much up for challenges - but this one I may try. Thanks for the info.

Marg said...

My goodness...that's a lot of challenges!

M.P. Barker said...

Thanks for the challenge, and the link! I'm looking forward to reading my fellow 2k8ers books--that's a new book about every 2 weeks. What could be better?

Michele

Barrie said...

Becky, thank you so much for mentioning the Class of 2k8 and linking to the challenge. I bet you make it to 12!

Courtney said...

Thank you for the challenge -- we're thrilled to have our books as a part of it. Courtney