Friday, January 18, 2008

Edgar Award Nominees

The Mystery Writers of America have announced their shortlists for the 2008 Edgar Awards. Here are the Children's and YA nominees. I've only read one of the 'juvenile' titles: THE NAME OF THIS BOOK IS SECRET. (A book that I loved and ranked among my favorites of the year.) And I've read three of the YA titles: DIAMONDS IN THE SHADOW, TOUCHING SNOW and BLOOD BROTHERS. (RAT LIFE was one of the Cybils nominated books that I never got to reading.)

Juvenile

The Name of This Book is Secret by Pseudonymous Bosch
Shadows on Society Hill by Evelyn Coleman
Deep and Dark and Dangerous by Mary Downing Hahn
The Night Tourist by Katherine Marsh
Sammy Keyes and the Wild Things by Wendelin Van Draanen

YA

Rat Life by Tedd Arnold (Penguin - Dial Books for Young Readers)
Diamonds in the Shadow by Caroline B. Cooney
Touching Snow by M. Sindy Felin
Blood Brothers by S.A. Harazin
Fragments by Jeffry W. Johnston

No comments: