Friday, August 08, 2008

Poetry Friday Round-up

I'm hosting Poetry Friday today, so please leave your links in the comments. Thank you!

Cloudscome from A Wrung Sponge has Mary Oliver's Climbing the Chagrin River.
Writer2B from Findings has a poem on Celebrating the "not yet".
Kelly Fineman from Writing and Ruminating is in with a monologue from "As You Like It".
Melissa Wiley from Here in the Bonny Glen is in with a Goodnight Moon spoof: The Great Green Bag.
Stacey from Two Writing Teachers has the poem When It's the First Day of School.
John Mutford of The Book Mine Set is reviewing Sylvia Plath's Ariel.
Jama Rattigan of Alphabet Soup is in "Requests for Toy Piano" by Tony Hoagland.
Michele from Scholar's Blog is in with "The Cloud" by Percy Bysshe Shelley.
Mary Lee from A Year of Reading shares "Bindweed" by James McKean.
Mnosal is in this week with Donald Hall's "White Apples."
TadMack of Finding Wonderland is in with a poem about baseball.
Sara Lewis Holmes of Read Write Believe shares Licorice by Daniel Hales.
At Write Sisters there's talk of poetry anthologies and "The Fish" by Elizabeth Bishop.
Eisha of Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast is in with "Fern Hill" by Dylan Thomas.
Andrea of Just One More Book is in with a review of "If I Had A Million Onions."
Vivian of HipWriterMama is in with Romeo and Juliet and a love at first sight poll.
Elaine Magliaro of Wild Rose Reader is in Summer Haiku. And at Elaine's Blue Rose Girls, she shares A.M. Fog by Mark Jarman.
Karen Edmisten is in with "Clouds and More."
Charlotte of Charlotte's Library is in with a bit of Seo Jeong-ju.
Laurel Snyder is in with "Radio, Radio" by Ben Doller.
MsMac of Check It Out is in with an original, Environmental Folly.
Little Willow is in with "I Mean This In the Kindest Possible Way (But)" by Emily Wing Smith.
Tiel Aisha Ansari is in with an original, In the Province of Saints.
Sherry from Semicolon is in with "As I Walked Out One Evening" by W.H. Auden.
Gregory K. of GottaBook is in with an original, 24 Hours in 20 Syllables.
Sylvia Vardell of Poetry For Children is in with a review of Poetry Pudding.
Barbara H. from Stray Thoughts is in with "To A Waterfowl" by William Cullen Bryant.
Chicken Spaghetti is in with some Emily Dickinson.
Jamie from Adlit.org is in with a review of The Surrender Tree.
Linda from Write Time is discussing how much two of her mother's poems mean to her.
Suzanne is sharing an Edna St. Vincent Millay poem.
Rebecca is sharing a poem by Elizabeth Coatsworth.
Tricia from The Miss Rumphius Effect is in with Farewell to the Farm.
Cuileann is in with "Woods Hole Ferry."
I am in with a review of On the Farm by David Elliott.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

41 comments:

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Looking good Becky! Thanks for hosting today. My post is up here: Mary Oliver's Climbing the Chagrin River

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky,

I'm posting early, here: http://writer2b.wordpress.com/2008/08/08/poetry-friday-celebrating-the-not-yet/

Rilke's poem "Blank Joy."

Thanks for hosting.

Anonymous said...

Janet: I've been reading Rilke lately, too.

But today, I'm in with a monologue from "As You Like It". Here's the link: http://kellyrfineman.livejournal.com/323000.html

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting, Becky! I'm in with a Goodnight Moon spoof: The Great Green Bag

Anonymous said...

Becky: Lots of repetition in my original poem about the first day of school, from the perspective of a teacher.

Thank you for hosting today!

Best,
Stacey

Anonymous said...

Here's the link: http://twowritingteachers.wordpress.com/2008/08/08/poetry-friday-an-original-poem-about-the-first-day-of-school-for-a-teacher/. Sorry I didn't post it earlier!

John Mutford said...

Hi Becky, Thanks for hosting. I'm in with a review of Sylvia Plath's Ariel.

jama said...

I'm playing my toy piano today with Tony Hoagland's "Requests for Toy Piano."

http://jamarattigan.livejournal.com/161021.html.

Thanks for hosting, Becky!

Michele said...

Thanks for rounding up this week. I'm in with something topical from Shelley.

Mary Lee said...

I'm in with a poem about bindweed.

http://readingyear.blogspot.com/2008/08/poetry-friday-revulsion.html

tanita✿davis said...

Hiya Becky. I'm in with a baseball poem. Happy Friday! Thanks for hosting.

Sara said...

Hi, Becky! I'm in with Licorice.

Diane said...

Hi Becky! I want to let everyone know that Janet at The Write Sisters www.thewritesisters.blogspot.com talks about an anthology from her youth, and lets us nibble at a wee bit of "The Fish" by Elizabeth Bishop.
Have a great day! --Diane

eisha said...

Hey, Becky! What's up? 7-Imp is in with "Fern Hill" by Dylan Thomas. Thanks for hosting!

Andrea -- Just One More Book!! Podcast said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea -- Just One More Book!! Podcast said...

Thanks for hosting today, Becky.

Our contribution is a chat about a collection of poems ranging from purely silly to thought provoking and sweet: Sheree Fitch's If I Had a Million Onions.

Vivian Mahoney said...

I'm in with Romeo and Juliet and a love at first sight poll.

http://hipwritermama.blogspot.com/2008/08/ahlove-sweet-love.html

Thank you for hosting!

Elaine Magliaro said...

Becky, thanks for doing the roundup this week!

At Wild Rose Reader, I have drafts of some summer haiku that I have written.

http://wildrosereader.blogspot.com/2008/08/poetry-friday-summer-haiku.html


At Blue Rose Girls, I have a poem entitled "A. M. Fog" by Mark Jarman.

http://bluerosegirls.blogspot.com/2008/08/poetry-friday-m-fog.html

Karen Edmisten said...

Thanks for hosting, Becky! I'm in with clouds and more.

The link is here.

Charlotte said...

Hi Becky,

I'm in with a poem about swinging by Korean poet Seo Jeong-ju.

I'm glad your blog has recovered!

Laurel said...

I'm in, with a (kinda) creepy poem that's (kinda) about swans...

http://laurelsnyder.com/?page_id=4

Anonymous said...

Thank you for hosting. I am in with an original, inspired by a recent trip to the coast.

Anonymous said...

Oops....Here is the link:
http://maclibrary.edublogs.org/2008/08/08/poetry-friday-enviromental-folly/

Little Willow said...

Hi, host Becky! :) I'm in with I Mean This in the Kindest Possible Way (But) from the forthcoming novel The Way He Lived by Emily Wing Smith.

Tiel Aisha Ansari said...

Original poem: In the Province of Saints

Sherry said...

I'm combining Auden and nostalgia for Donny Osmond into the same post. Sacrilege?

Here it is. You decide.

Greg Pincus said...

I'm in with a new Fib about my recent Vegas foray: 24 Hours in 20 Syllables

Thanks for hosting!

Sylvia Vardell said...

Hi, Becky. Thanks and congrats on hosting! I've posted a review of POETRY PUDDING, a collection from New Zealand. Enjoy!
Sylvia

http://poetryforchildren.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

This is my first time to participate, and I am musing on Bryant's "To a Waterfowl" here.

Thanks for hosting!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for hosting, Becky. I'm in with my frustrations on a poetry revision project.

Anonymous said...

Becky, thanks so much for putting this together.

I'm in with a post about a new book about Emily Dickinson, which includes a link to the New Yorker review.

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear. I did not mean to write a "To Be Continued" comment!

And the URL for my post is

http://tinyurl.com/6kcxu2

Susan T.
Chicken Spaghetti.

Anonymous said...

Whew, better late than never!! I'm talking about The Surrender Tree.
http://www.adlit.org/mashup/26166

Linda said...

Coming in late with a piece about what our writing really means to our loved ones. Thanks!
ldkwritetime.blogspot.com

Suzanne said...

I'm sharing an Edna St. Vincent Millay poem.

Rebecca said...

Thank you for hosting! I am in with August Smiles by Elizabeth Coatsworth:

http://gypsycaravan.typepad.com/a_gypsy_caravan/2008/08/august-smiles.html

Tricia said...

Hi Becky,
Glad thinks are working for you today. I'm in with Robert Louis Stevenson's poem Farewell to the Farm.

Thanks for hosting us!
Tricia

Anonymous said...

I'm in this week with Donald Hall's "White Apples." Thanks for hosting!

Holly said...

I was away and had a scheduled post, so I'm in late - I've got "Woods Hole Ferry" by Franz Wright.

Thanks for hosting, Becky!

Author Amok said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Author Amok said...

Thanks for hosting, Becky!

I'm blogging about Galway Kinnell's narrative poem "The Sow Piglet's Escape" & the upcoming Dodge Poetry Festival.

Here's the link: http://authoramok.blogspot.com/2008/09/amok-in-poetry-i.html