1) The Underneath by Kathi Appelt. Recommended by Sarah Miller.
2) The Willoughbys by Lois Lowry. Recommended by Sarah Miller.
3) The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary Pearson. Recommended by Sarah Miller and Erin and Little Willow and Amanda and The Story Siren.
4) The Floating Circus by Tracie Vaughn Zimmer. Recommended by Sarah Miller.
5) A Countess Below Stairs by Eva Ibbotson. Recommended by Bookshelves of Doom.
6) I Am Scout by Charles J. Shields. Recommended by Sarah Miller.
7) Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott. Recommended by Reader Rabbit.
8) The Viper Within by Sam Mills. Recommended by Sarah Miller.
9) Hero-Type by Barry Lyga. Recommended by Sarah Miller.
Rules for reference
Hosted by Books & Other Thoughts
1. Read 8 books between now and Labor Day that you were inspired to read after reading a fellow book-blogger's review. Ideally the books will be ones you'd never heard of or would probably not have considered reading had it not been for the review. If you expanded your horizons or went beyond your usual reading comfort zone because of the review, all the better!
2. Write a review of the book on your blog.
3. (The most important step) Make sure you link to the review that inspired you to read the book in the first place!
4. Books read for other challenges count.
5. There is no need to make a list ahead of time - for this type of challenge, it's probably best to remain open to serendipity in the bookblogosphere!
© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews