Saturday, August 30, 2008

Summer Reading Challenge Completed (Rock Creek Rumblings)


It's time for The Summer Reading Challenge is completed. This iswas hosted by Rock Creek Rumblings. That link is here. I believe the challenge was from June 1, 2008 to August 31, 2008. (I think.)

Here is was my list:

The Underneath by Kathi Appelt
Peeled by Joan Bauer.
Seeing Redd by Frank Beddor
March Through Thunder by Joseph Bruchac
A Curse Dark As Gold by Elizabeth C. Bunce
Oh. My. Gods. by Tera Lynn Childs.
Take Me There by Susane Colasanti
The Red Necklace by Sally Gardner
Newes From the Dead by Mary Hooper
The Lost Queen by Frewin Jones
The Sorcerer King by Frewin Jones
Savvy by Ingrid Law
The Willoughbys by Lois Lowry
Jessie's Mountain by Kerry Madden
Gods of Manhattan by Scott Mebus.
Princess Ben by Catherine Murdock
Aurelia by Anne Osterlund
The Search for the Red Dragon by James A. Owen
Blue Like Friday by Siobhan Parkinson
The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary Pearson
Steams of Babel by Carol Plum-Ucci
Starcross: A Stirring Adventure of Spies, Time Travel, and Curious Hats. by Philip Reeve
Three Little Words: A Memoir by Ashley Rhodes-Courter
Secrets of the Cirque Medrano by Elaine Scott
Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott
Big Fat Manifesto by Susan Vaught
Climbing the Stairs by Padma Venkatraman
The Floating Circus by Tracie Vaughn Zimmer

The Stand by Stephen King

Anne of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery
Anne of the Island by L.M. Montgomery
Anne of Windy Poplars by L.M. Montgomery
Anne's House of Dreams by L.M. Montgomery
Anne of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery
Rainbow Valley by L.M. Montgomery
Rilla of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery

A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare

The Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren
The Once and Future King by T.H. White
Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
American Gods by Neil Gaiman
Beowulf by Seamus Heaney
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole

Savannah by Eugenia Price
To See Your Face Again by Eugenia Price
Before the Darkness Falls by Eugenia Price
Stranger in Savannah by Eugenia Price

As you can see, I didn't get to everything. (If it is NOT bolded, then I didn't finish it). Sometimes that was my fault. Sometimes it wasn't. It's not my fault some of books were never at the library. My list was a bit too ambitious. But still, I read plenty this summer. For those that only read the blog when I write challenge wrap-ups, I often read more non-challenge reads than challenge reads. So I was busy. Trust me.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great list! Did you read the short version or the extended version of The Stand? I love the extended version the best!

Becky said...

The Stand was one of the ones I got about halfway through before the due date came up. I was reading the extended version. I still have every intention of picking it up at some point.

Anonymous said...

Wow! How do you read so many books? I'm in awe!

Anonymous said...

I just tried leaving a comment, but blogger was being silly, so I'll try again! I've added you to our email list and should be sending out a new update tonight or tomorrow, depending on my motivation level. Long days at the hospital tend to drain a person after awhile. I also wanted to let you know that even though I haven't commented in awhile, I'm still a daily reader!

Take care!