I have decided to join the Armchair Traveler Reading Challenge.
- The challenge runs from July 1 through December 31 during which time you must read six books that fall under the ‘armchair traveling’ theme.
- Fiction or non-fiction works are fine, and do not need to be specifically travel related, as long as the location is integral to the book - I’ll leave that to your discretion. Locations must be actual places that you could visit, so no Middle Earths or galaxies far, far away.
- Books may be cross-posted to other challenges, but you cannot count any books read prior to July 1st.
- To join, make a post outlining your six choices and link to that post below. Because I like to have a little wiggle room, you can opt to switch out books throughout the challenge.
- And yes, there will be prizes!
Here are rules I've added for myself:
I am only allowed to list books that I already have in my tbr pile.
Thorn in My Heart by Liz Curtis Higgs
Fair is the Rose by Liz Curtis Higgs
Whence Came A Prince by Liz Curtis Higgs
Grace In Thine Eyes by Liz Curtis Higgs
Hitler’s Canary by Sandi Toksvig
Middle East (Palestine/Israel/Iraq)
Tasting the Sky by Ibtisam Barakat
Dawn and Dusk by Alice Mead
Rickshaw Girl by Mitali Perkins
Broken Moon by Kim Antieau