Thursday, July 03, 2008

BTT: Holidays

btt button

It’s a holiday weekend here in the U.S., so let’s keep today’s question simple–What are you reading? Anything special? Any particularly juicy summer reading?

What am I reading? Well. I'm listening to the dead & the gone. I'm on disc four (of seven) at the moment. I read the book earlier in the year. So it's always interesting to listen to something you've already read.

My online reading group is reading The Host by Stephenie Meyer. Monday is when the first section is due for discussion. (So there is still plenty of time between now and then to join in if you want!)

I'm rereading it so I can "lead" (albeit very relaxed) the discussion.

As for what else I'm reading, I go through about a book a day. Sometimes two. On the rare occasion three. So it's hard to really set apart books as special or juicy. I am always excited to be reading anything.

I'd love love love love love to read Paper Towns by John Green. But my Penguin contact seems to be missing.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

4 comments:

SmilingSally said...

You ARE a fast reader--one or two per day!

Hillary said...

wow!! two books a day? That is impressive.

Ginny said...

I'm not up for making a blog post, but I'm reading Double Cross. I just finished Twilight & am waiting for the 2nd one from the library!

Ruth said...

I usually manage a book a day, much to the detriment of everything else around here. Right now I'm in a non-fiction phase, and am working on What Peace There May Be by Susanna Barlow. It's a really powerful book about polygamy and the ability to cope with trauma and abuse from the perspective of how it all affects the children.