Sunday, February 08, 2009

The Dangerous Days of Daniel X

Patterson, James. 2008. The Dangerous Days of Daniel X. Little Brown. 238 pages

I read it. The end.

I suppose I should say more than that. I mean I did spend an hour and a half of my life reading it. But here's the thing, it's been a few weeks now...and I just can't remember much about this one. I remember where I read it--the dentist office--and why I read it--it was paperback, lightweight, and convenient--and when I read it--January 26, 2009. But the details, not so much.

Daniel isn't your typical teen. He hunts aliens. He has some super powers. He's been on his own for years ever since his parents were murdered. He's a mostly funny guy. You might enjoy reading about his adventures. Yes, plural. This is the first in a new series.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

9 comments:

S. Krishna said...

That happens to me sometimes! I spend time reading a book and then just don't really have much to say about it.

Kailana said...

The only thing by James Patterson I have really invested any time in is The Women's Murder Club series. Not stellar writing, but great for when I don't feel like reading anything complicated.

Anonymous said...

This is exactly why I vowed to write a review as soon as I finish a book. Okay, not right after since I usually finish late at night, but the next morning. First thing.

Sharon said...

When I saw the title of Daniel X, I was curious to see what you thought of it. I quit reading it, because I didn't really care what happened. I see it didn't make much of an impression on you either.

Suzuki Uchiha said...

i really like your review, very honest ^^

Anonymous said...

I think you are being a bit too polite here.

I got the book from a local library, and it sucked...couldn't stand the stuff

You can see my bit too-blunt review here:

http://nishitak.wordpress.com/2009/05/11/book-review-the-dangerous-days-of-daniel-x/

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading this book. I agree with Nisitak, you are being too polite. This is such a lackluster, shallow book that it has put me off checking out any of Pattersons other books. Then again Kailana noted that she had finished another or his books and noted that the writing there wasn't stellar either. Maybe Patterson is just prolific but not very good.

Unknown said...

Hey... I think I'm the only guy in this blog, But, You know... I got this book 3 days ago, I'm not such a fan of reading, but this book has kept me away from my video games or tv... yeah I admit that i took some time to do that, and, by judging by how much I like Daniel X I would be done with the 2nd book by next week. So, I believe kids out there would love this book, because I certainly do.

kiara said...

I'm a teenager who usualy hates theses kinds of books but this book is different! It is easy to read and it isn't to jam packed as some alien books are and I loved it. Maybe it's because it is obviously far from reality that makes it difficult to read, but once I started reading I couldn't stop!