Sunday, March 01, 2009

To Dream...The Impossible Dream...Becky's Quest for March



Books I'd like to read in March...I'm aiming for 31 books in March.

Childrens/YA Books (choose 12ish)

Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson (completed 3/5/09)
Willow by Julia Hoban
North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley
Love You, Hate You, Miss You by Elizabeth Scott (completed 3/4/09)
Marcelo in the Real World by Francisco X. Stork (completed 3/3/09)
Fade by Lisa McMann (completed 3/6/09)
Raven by Allison Van Diepen
Pieces of Me by Charlotte Gingras
The Mousehunter by Alex Milway
Dandelion Fire by N.D. Wilson
The Season by Sarah MacLean
The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams (completed 3/13/09)
Eternal by Cynthia Leitich Smith
Bloodline by Katy Moran
Daughter of the Flames by Zoe Marriott
Secrets of Greymoor
Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev
The Heights by Brian James
Everything is Fine by Ann Dee Ellis
A Finder's Magic by Philippa Pearce (completed 3/8/09)
The Amaranth Enchantment by Julie Berry
My Fair Godmother by Janette Rallison
Tender Morsels by Margo Lanagan
Nation by Terry Pratchett
Graceling by Kristin Cashore (completed 3/11/09)
Here Lies Arthur by Philip Reeve
My One Hundred Adventures by Polly Horvath
Emil & Karl by Yankev Glatshteyn


Adult Books (Choose 3ish from this list)

Once and Future King by T.H. White
The Kingmaking by Helen Hollick
Eliza's Daughter by Joan Aiken
Pemberley by the Sea by Abigail Reynolds
Mansfield Park Revisited by Joan Aiken (completed 3/13/2009)
The Convenient Marriage by Georgette Heyer
The Talisman Ring by Georgette Heyer
The Nonesuch by Georgette Heyer
Riding by H.S. Cross (started 3/1/09; halfway through as of 3/6/09; about two-thirds done, 3/13/2009)
Chocolat by Joanne Harris

Classics (Choose 3ish from this list)

Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri (abandoned)
The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy
Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens (or)
Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
The Warden by Anthony Trollope
Emily Climbs by L.M. Montgomery
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck (or)
another Steinbeck I find at the library


Christian Titles (choose 8ish from these)

Jesus, Keep Me Near the Cross, edited by Nancy Guthrie
The Passion of Mary-Margaret by Lisa Samson
Journey to the Well by Diana Wallis Taylor
Michal by Jill Eileen Smith
Classic Bible Storybook by Kenneth N. Taylor
The Secret Holocaust Diaries by Nonna Bannister
Fireflies in December by Jennifer Erin Valent
Fixing Abraham by Chris Tiegreen
The Dowry of Miss Lydia Clark by Lawana Blackwell
The Jewel of Gresham Green by Lawana Blackwell
No Woman So Fair by Gilbert Morris
A Passion Most Pure by Julie Lessman
Lady of Milkweed Manor by Julie Klassen
An Untamed Land by Lauraine Snelling

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews
If you're reading this post on another site, or another feed, the content has been stolen.

14 comments:

chrisa511 said...

Oh Lord...I see a lot of blame coming your way this month!

Jenners said...

I was just catching up with your posts and WOW ... you do have a lot going on! How do you fit this all in!

If you want some feedback on your March list, I LOVED "The Once and Future King" by T.H. White -- one of my all-time favorite books. And "Of Mice and Men" is a classic that is also enjoyable and a quick read. Not to be missed.

So that is my 2 cents .. good luck!

Kailana said...

Good luck with your reading goals!

Ana S. said...

Good luck, Becky! I'm thrilled to see Tender Morsels and Nation on the list, btw :D

BookChook said...

I'm plumping for all the Heyer's, but particularly The Nonesuch, and Emily Climbs.

Ambrosia @ The Purple Booker said...

And i thought my goal was lofty. Good luck with your goals this month :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! And the thing that amazes me even more is the fact that you'll totally do it! I just read Fade yesterday. Loved Wintergirls.

Charlotte said...

Hi Becky--just a word about Once and Future King. White went back to it, and re-wrote the part about the young Arthur, which is its own book, The Sword in the Stone. So you should start with that, then go to Once and Future King. The Sword version of Arthur's boyhood is infinitly superiour to the Once version...

Ms. Yingling said...

You can do it! Just save some of the shorter ones for the end of the month, when you're feeling pressed for time!

Unknown said...

Woah - epic reading list! I'd struggle to fit in a couple of those I think!

I can heartily recommend Of Mice and Men out of all those. Number one it's a nice short novella which might help you out. Number two, it's brilliant!

Good luck! I wonder how you're getting on 3 days in...

Debi said...

Why do I suspect that your "impossible dream" isn't so impossible for you? For me, a goal like that would be utterly laughable, for you though, I think it's definitely attainable!

The only thing I've read on all those lists combined is Of Mice and Men, which I absolutely adored!

Oh, and Becky, did I read correctly? You're thinking of giving Dickens another go?

Becky said...

I am thinking of giving Dickens a chance. Again. :) We'll see how that goes.

And BookArmy...I haven't finished a book this month yet...though I have decided to abandon The Divine Comedy. So I need to get busy, busy, busy!

Vasilly said...

What a great lists!I highly recommend Of Mice and Men. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Dickens I know a lot of people don't like so much - I think the serialisation style of the writing makes the books struggle with their flow...I enjoyed Oliver Twist years ago, but once you know the stories I think it takes a certain amount out of the fun of reading them.

Only a few days in, no hurry just yet! Of Mice and Men is a quickie anwyay - if you get a couple of hours spare I reckon you can blitz your way through it...and it's brilliant too!