Thursday, March 19, 2009

What Should I Read Next?!



A. Eon Dragoneye Reborn by Alison Goodman
B. The Black Book of Secrets by F.E. Higgins
C. Streams of Babel by Carol Plum-Ucci
D. Time's Chariot by Ben Jeapes

First Sentences:

A. I let the tips of both my swords dig into the sandy arena floor.
B. When I opened my eyes I knew that nothing in my miserable life prior to that moment could possibly be as bad as what was about to happen.
C. I sat very still, waiting for the police and ambulance to arrive.
D. They had drugged him and now his body twisted lazily as it tumbled through the air.


© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews
If you're reading this post on another site, or another feed, the content has been stolen.

7 comments:

Melissa O. said...

My pick is the Black Book of Secrets, strictly based on the first line of the book :-)

Anonymous said...

What a difficult choice to make! I think, though, that I will go with B). L

Debi said...

Okay, maybe not the most exciting first sentence, but I'm voting for C. On thoroughly selfish grounds...I just got this one out from the library and I want to hear what you think about it. :)

Kailana said...

I would go with B. Mainly because I like the cover and the first sentence. I don't really know anything else about any of the books...

Anonymous said...

I'm going with B. :)

Ben said...

I would go with D, but then I wrote it so what do I know ...

KR said...

I'd pick B because of the first sentence. (Sorry, Ben!)