Thursday, March 12, 2009

What Should I Read Next?


A) The Love We Share Without Knowing by Christopher Barzak
B) Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev
C) The Heights by Brian James
D) The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams

First Sentences

A) Everything you think you know about the world isn't true.
B) The fairies flew suspended on wires despite their tendency to get tangled together.
C) Always near the bay, I've felt like a fish.
D) "If I was going to kill the Prophet," I say, not even keeping my voice low, "I'd do it in Africa."

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews
If you're reading this post on another site, or another feed, the content has been stolen.

11 comments:

Erika Powell said...

I am half way through Eyes Like Stars and it is great so I vote for that!

Amanda said...

Oh I've been wanting to know how The Love Share Without Knowing is. That's my vote!

Ana S. said...

A)! A)! A)!

Anonymous said...

I definitely think you should go with A. I've been wanting to read that one, too. :)

Sandra said...

A, definitely. Happy reading.

Kailana said...

I got The Love We Share Without Knowing in the mail today. :) But, you know my fantasy-obsessed mind went right to Eyes Like Stars, right? I am off to look that one up for myself. :)

Terri B. said...

I vote for: The Love We Share Without Knowing. I'm interested to read your thoughts about it!

Erika Powell said...

Ok, I just finished Eyes Like Stars and i am so in love with it that I double my vote!! I don't know if I am allowed to do that but i just did

Anonymous said...

B looks interesting

Debi said...

Well, I'm going to say, because Nymeth's review made this book sound sooooo wonderful! But if I had to choose by first sentences alone, I'm not sure I could choose...they all sound very enticing.

Brian James said...

I vote for C...but that could because I wrote it.

I promise, it won't disappoint.