Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Library Loot: Second Trip in July

New Loot:

First Part Last by Angela Johnson
Carter Finally Gets It by Brent Crawford
Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry
The Pirates! In An Adventure with Ahab by Gideon Defoe
The Pirates! In An Adventure with Napoleon by Gideon Defoe
The Pirates! In An Adventure with Communists by Gideon Defoe
A Secret Alchemy by Emma Darwin
Mr. Darcy's Daughters by Elizabeth Aston
The Exploits and Adventures of Miss Alethea Darcy by Elizabeth Aston
The Second Mrs. Darcy by Elizabeth Aston
The True Darcy Spirit by Elizabeth Aston
Remember Me by Deborah Bedford
A Morning Like This by Deborah Bedford
When You Believe by Deborah Bedford
The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett
Zoe's Tale by John Scalzi
Figures in Silk by Vanora Bennett

Leftover Loot:

Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos by R.L. LaFevers
Theodosia and the Staff of Osiris by R.L. LaFevers
Peter and the Sword of Mercy by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson
The Foundling by Georgette Heyer
Sarah's Quilt by Nancy Turner
Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception by Maggie Stiefvater
Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater
The Lantern Bearers by Rosemary Sutcliff
So Yesterday by Scott Westerfeld
Julian Gillian (And The Art of Knowing) by Alison McGhee
The Nine Tailors by Dorothy L. Sayers
Elephant Run by Roland Smith


Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

6 comments:

Mollie said...

Wow! That's a lotta loot! Enjoy!

Marg said...

Oh, Lonesome Dove and The Uncommon Reader are good.

Enjoy your loot!

Sandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandra said...

That deletion was me-just testing. I commented about 12 hours ago and at previous times in the past without it showing up. It's probably something I'm doing wrong.
Just wanted to say-that's a lot a loot but I know that's normal for you. I'm sure you'll enjoy The Uncommon Reader, I did. I've read McMurtry's non fiction, a very intelligent writer, but never tried his fiction. I look forward to what you have to say about those two. And I've reserved Elephant Run at the public library now since they are my favourite animals and you don't get many stories about them. Thanks for the heads up on that one, I read only adult fiction and would never have come across it. I've had a good run of excellent library books recently- a great consolation when too ill to do anything else. Enjoy your loot.

Becky said...

Sandra, sorry you have had trouble commenting. It could be a problem --temporary I hope--with Blogger. I do have comment moderation for posts older than a week. But otherwise, comments should appear much sooner!

alisonwonderland said...

I've had First Part Last on my to-read list for a while, so I'll be watching for your review.

Happy reading!