Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Top Ten Picks: Favorite Books to Movies


Random Ramblings's Top Ten topic this week is favorite books to movies...

1. Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare. My thoughts on the movie.


2. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
3. She Stoops to Conquer by Oliver Goldsmith. My thoughts on the movie.


4. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell. My thoughts on the movie.


5. The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy. I've seen three different versions of this one. And I've liked them all. My thoughts on the 1999 version. My thoughts on the 1934 version. I don't think I blogged about the 1982 version starring Anthony Andrews and Jane Seymour. But I enjoyed it too.


6. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

7. Persuasion by Jane Austen

8. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery


9. The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis


10. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen. My thoughts on the movie.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

9 comments:

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Great list! I absolutely agree with 1,2,6,7,8,9, and 10. I haven't seen 3, 4, or 5, but I'm sure you're right about those too.

Andi said...

I agree with so very many of these! Especially To Kill a Mockingbird; The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe; P&P; and Anne of Green Gables.

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea! I'm going to do my own on my site, http://freakingbookworm.com. (I just need to think of three more books to movies that I didn't hate, heh.)

The only North and South adaptation I saw was the one with Patrick Swayze. I used to watch it with my mom and sister when I was a kid. I should read the book someday!

Julie P said...

Nice list, Becky!

Rosslyn Elliott said...

Becky, I like your list! It's unconventional, and I agree with your opinion of Much Ado. That is one of the hardest of Shakespeare's plays to pull off, but it is brilliant.

BookChook said...

Have you read the Orczy books too, Becky? I loved them but haven't re-read for a while.

Cathy said...

Jane Austen is making out like a bandit. This list was certainly a lot of fun to do!

La Coccinelle said...

Definitely agree with Much Ado About Nothing (I forgot it when I was making my list!), To Kill A Mockingbird, Pride and Prejudice, Anne of Green Gables, and Northanger Abbey (lovely movie adaptation, but I haven't actually read the book, so I couldn't include it on my list!). I still haven't seen The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe... but I have read the book.

Jillian said...

It's embarrassing but I have not watched any of these except for Narnia. I absolutely loved the movies; thought it captured the true essence of the books!